Mobile Marketing Strategy | Mobile Purchase Behavior (Awareness)
In the overview of this series, we discussed at a very high level how a mobile marketing strategy can assist a consumer down the path to purchasing your product or service over your competitors. Here is a quick recap:
- Consumers are increasingly turning to their mobile devices to assist them in the consumer buying process.
- There are 6 stages in the consumer buying decision flow:
- Awareness: The recognition of a need, this is really an analysis of maslow’s hierarchy of needs in combination with marketing efforts.
- Consideration: The creation of an evoked set of alternatives. This is a mental short-list that the consumer creates based on internal and external influences.
- Preference: Based on the criteria that is most important to the consumer he/she will narrow down the list to a preferred brand.
- Purchase: This is where the consumer will actually buy a product or service
- Loyalty: After the purchase the buyer will enter into stages of post-purchase evaluation where they will re-evaluate the purchase they just made and file the experience away (in their minds) for future reference
- A complete mobile marketing strategy can assist in every stage of flow because of the proximity to a mobile device for the consumer and the marketing efforts a brand undertakes.
- Self-expression – Reflection of personal tastes
- Affiliation – Be a part of a group
- Independence – Stand out from the crowd
- Novelty – Be Awesome
Mobile Marketing Strategy
Measurable – If implemented correctly QR codes can help you track a lot of valuable data about your consumers. Things that can be tracked are:
- Number of QR scans
- Type of mobile device (brand)
- Mobile operating system (iPhone, Android, Blackberry, etc)
- Other Custom Events that help track campaign performance